Following the announcement that the UK will enter into a second national lockdown on Thursday 5th November, the Housing Secretary, Robert Jenrick MP has confirmed that the housing market will remain open during this period.
Whilst the latest lockdown news is disappointing, what is very positive is that the Government has allowed residential property sales and lettings to continue. The safety measures we have already introduced will continue to be rigorously adhered to ensure the wellbeing of our clients and staff.
Property valuations for anyone thinking of coming to the market can still go ahead and property viewings can still be conducted.
Conveyancing, removals, surveys, and construction can all carry on meaning those people we are currently in the process of moving home can continue as before.
Paul Gillespie, Director at Gibbs Gillespie comments: “The Government clearly understands the importance of the housing market both to people’s lives and its role in the UK economy.
Since we returned from the first lockdown we have been adhering to the Government’s stringent procedures to ensure absolute compliance with every requirement in terms of Covid-19 safety and that will continue. “
We will be monitoring closely any announcements made by the Government in the coming days and communicating closely with our clients to guide them through these changing times.
Our Covid-19 Safety Procedures
Following the end of the first lockdown, we were one of the first industries to be able to get back to work adhering to strict guidelines to help prevent the spread of the virus and ensure people’s safety. We will continue to follow Government guidelines for viewing appointments:
• All Gibbs Gillespie staff will wear a face mask, gloves, and shoe coverings.
• Where needed we are able to arrange virtual viewings by video.
• If the homeowner, buyer, or tenant has tested positive for Covid-19, is presenting any symptoms, or is self-isolating, or if this applies to any family member living in the same household viewings cannot go ahead.
• Face masks must be worn by prospective buyers/tenants. Hands must be sanitised.
• Only 2 adults are allowed and should only involve the participants that are essential and of the same household. Regrettably at this moment children cannot attend viewings.
• Visits are limited to approximately 15 minutes on the property. Vendors or tenants must leave the building during the viewing to satisfy the ‘two-household’ rule.
• Social distancing of 2 meters must be maintained on viewing appointments at all times.
• Viewers must not touch anything within the property during their visit. All doors will be opened by our representative.
All our high street branches will be fully operational throughout this second lockdown and available for anyone who has a desire to move home.
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and contact your local Gibbs Gillespie branch.
Arrange a free valuation appointment